Tuesday 18 March 2014

YSL Crème de Blush

YSL Crème de Blush - £29
As we're coming into spring I'm trying to get more into the peachy tones I have in my collection, and boy is this a good'un. I've had this beautiful YSL Crème de Blush for years but being so small, it always gets lost! I fished it out when I was organising my makeup collection and I have to be honest, it's been a great discovery.

I have the shade '1- Velvety Peach' and although it looks really scary in the pot, it actually blends out beautifully.  The consistency is similar to that of the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, oddly enough, and so it doesn't make your cheeks looks shiny and glittery. 

Only a little bit is need for a nice pop of colour on the checks, and the intensity of the colour can be built up, too. It is really blendable unlike some other powder blushes I've come across, making it really easy to use. The longevity is just incredible, as it dries as a powder, but don't fear- it's not cakey at all.

The packaging is really luxurious and aesthetically pleasing, which is typical of all YSL products. However, I don't like how small the pot it, meaning you have to dip your finger in quite uncomfortably. It's particularly uncomfortable if you have quite long nails! 

While I really love this, the price tag makes me want to weep, at £29 I don't think this is something you could buy impulsively. The only redemption it can have for this price is the fact that it will last you an age, needing only a bit to create a beautiful colour. There are 6 colours overall, not a great colour range, as they're all mainly pink-y/red-y shades but there is one bright orange too! 

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful colour xx

    Pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful color! I may bite the bullet and look into these.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this colour!

    Nicola x
    http://nicolabishopx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really informative knowledge, Thanks for posting this informative Information. Tim hornibrook

    ReplyDelete