Tuesday 11 November 2014

Estée Lauder Clear Difference Advanced Blemish Serum

Estée Lauder Clear Difference Advanced Blemish Serum - £39 (30ml)/£58 (50ml)
The Estée Lauder Clear Difference Advanced Blemish Serum is probably one of the most expensive beauty items I have ever owned, at almost £60 for a serum but my oh my was it a good purchase. I'm all about blemish fighting products so this fits in perfectly with the theme of my skincare shelf and it's something I've really enjoyed using for the past few months.
The bottle has a pump - something I always appreciate in the name of hygiene! - and is glass, looking very sophisticated in my bathroom cabinet. The product itself is tinted slightly blue and has a very faint but fresh scent to it, leaving my skin feeling really quite clean, and the scent fades after application so don't let that worry you if you have sensitive skin. 

The best way I can describe it is like a more expensive, thinner in consistency and less moisturising version of the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo (+) and a product which I would consider to be pretty similar. I apply it after spot treatment and before my moisturiser, and its thin consistency means that I can use it both in the morning and the evening. 

I've found that it doesn't deliver overnight results, but with sustained use gives really pleasing results, leaving my skin less oily, with less evident pores and my blemishes really are reduced. It works less on active blemishes but on small little bumps which are blemishes waiting to emerge, making it a great product especially with hormonal breakouts. 

This is a definite staple in my skincare routine and despite being eye-wateringly expensive is something I will continue to purchase, due to the excellent results it delivers. I really do recommend this for blemish-prone and oily skin types, as it works so well yet isn't harsh like so many blemish fighting products tend to be. You can find it at Boots here for £39 (3oml) or £58 (50ml). 

No comments:

Post a Comment