Tuesday 26 May 2015

Origins Zero Oil Moisturiser

Origins Zero Oil - £24
Blessed with my dad's oily skin, I'm forever on the lookout for products to control the inevitable 12 o'clock shine that arise and so the Origins Zero Oil moisturiser seemed just perfect. I've been using it for a few months now and to be honest, haven't been all that impressed. Read on to find out why!

It's a lightweight moisturiser infused with Saw Palmetto and mint, making it a very refreshing and invigorating product to apply to the skin, especially in the mornings. It feels great to apply on the skin and certainly doesn't overwhelm it with the refreshing scene, subsiding in a matter of minutes. 
As far as oil control goes, I haven't found this to help me at all and I still get enhanced shine on my T-zone as the day goes by. The mattified effect lasts for maybe an hour or so before the sebum comes creeping out again, deeming it essentially pointless. Other than that, it's a pretty bogstandard moisturiser but nothing particularly special, and if I were seeking blemish control or moisturising properties I have other products which I could use.

Seeing as it's a product marketed as "Zero Oil" the expectation is that facial oil would be controlled even slightly, so I'm disappointed that I forked out £24 for a product which didn't even live up to its claims. I much prefer other moisturisers such as the LRP Effaclar Duo [+] which at least work to control blemishes as well as keeping oil unter control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment